Topics

Texas Proclamation

Paul Guido

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Hodgdon <chris.hodgdon@...>
Date: Jun 22, 2007 10:09 PM
Subject: RE: [pr:8317] Texas Proclamation
To: Paul Guido <radioteacher@...>

Here is the PDF

Chris Hodgdon
KE5IGO
Kaufman County ARES, Inc.

----Original Message-----
*From:* Paul Guido [mailto:radioteacher@...]
*Sent:* Friday, June 22, 2007 9:32 PM
*To:* chris.hodgdon@...

Chris,

Please email me a copy if you can.

73

Paul Guido, N5IUT
San Antonio Radio Club

On 6/22/07, Chris Hodgdon <chris.hodgdon@...> wrote:

I just wanted to pass this along to you. Will scan it in later.

"State of Texas
Office of the Governor

Daily, citizens across this great nation take exemplary strides for
American
and its future. Long valued for their role in furthering communications
across jurisdictions both large and small, amateur radio operators
continue
to make a difference.

Amateur radio operators come from all walks of life. Whether they prefer
Morse Code, voice communications on a hand-held radio, or computer
messages
transmitted through satellites, they all have an interest in what is
happening in the world, and they use radio to reach out.

Often seen as a time-honored pastime, amateur radio operators frequently
provide invaluable assistance in times of disaster, using their avenues
for
communications to support the efforts of first responders, rescuers and
others.

At this time, I encourage all Texans to learn more about amateur radio and
support the amateur operators who have provided important services during
times of crisis. Let us, therefore, celebrate and recognize their
accomplishments.

Therefore, I, Rick Perry, Governor of Texas, do hereby proclaim June
18-24,
2007,

Amateur Radio Operator Week

in Texas and urge the appropriate recognition whereof.

In official recognition whereof, I hereby affix my signature this the 15th
day of June, 2007.

Signed, Rick Perry
Governor of Texas"

Just received the official document in the mail.

Chris Hodgdon

Chief:
Southern Search & Rescue, Inc. - http://www.ssar.us
Kaufman County CERT, Inc. - http://www.kccert.org