Topics

Surfin': Becoming a Pipsqueak -- Revisited

Paul Guido

QST,

Today, Stan Horzepa, WA1LOU, who writes the Surfin' column for
ARRL.ORG featured Monty Northrup's (N5ESE) excellent web site for
QRP. Monty, who lives in Austin, is a member of this Yahoo Group and
I wanted commend him for many projects well done over the years.

Monty has regularly attended the San Antonio Radio Club Swapfest for
years and it took a flood in Austin to keep him away this year. I
hope to see you next year, weather permitting, at our new location in
Schertz. See the club website for details.
http://w5sc.org/swapfest.htm

Monty N5ESE, longtime SARC member Fred Bonavita II K5QLF (SK in 2006)
and other QRP enthusiasts would meet for tacos before the Swapfest
and demonstrate their equipment to each other. Now we need to find
the QRP group a new place on the North side of town to meet for
breakfast before the event.

Here is a link to the article.
http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2007/03/09/1/?nc=1

Paul Guido, N5IUT