Supplies at Grumpy's Store

J C Smith

Most of you are aware that Grumpy (Gary Stock), WF5Y passed away last Thursday while undergoing surgery. His family decided to close the store shortly after he passed away. They had a "family only" service on Sunday.

As most of you know, our club had a tower and antenna at the shop plus our cart and chairs and the collection of QST magazines. Today, the tower and antenna was taken down. Grumpy's wife donated a lot of stuff to the Club. By stuff, I mean mostly parts. A LOT OF PARTS.

Joe Bruno volunteered to allow us to temporarily store the club property and donated stuff in a building he has in Universal City. Joe has a trailer we can load the QST collection, tower section, and antenna. Joe purchased some shelving so that will be on the trailer as well.

WE MUST GET OUR STUFF OUR OF GRUMPY'S THIS SATURDAY, OCT 4. CAN YOU HELP?

If we can get 6 or so to come help we can knock this out quickly. If you have a truck or van, that would be a big help. We will start at 10 AM Saturday.

Again, CAN YOU HELP? Please e-mail or call me, n5rxs@satx.rr.com, (210) 849-3404.

J C Smith

Jesse Lamphere

Sir,

I'll be there. Should I track down a trailer? Enclosed or open?

Jesse Lamphere
AC2DE (ex KC2RSN, DA6RSN)

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 12:29 AM, J C Smith n5rxs@... [W5SC] <W5SC@...> wrote:

[...]

Again, CAN YOU HELP? Please e-mail or call me, n5rxs@..., (210)