moderated Single, tunable capacitor for tuning an wire antenna...

David McGuire

Hello.  I need to ask if there is someone willing to help me build a capacitive tuner for my EFHW antenna.  I have seen some for QRP but a ham on QRZ.com gave me a guide for a 100W version.  But, I do not now how to begin.  I've never been to Altex, but I can go Saturday morning to get the supplies, if there's someone there who can glean a parts list from the article I was sent.

Thank you for considering.  73 de David AE4LH

Here is the article link:

If you are using an end-fed half-wave antenna, which is a convenient antenna for portable operation, the matching unit can be considerably simplified.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw...eXc/view?resourcekey=0-vuul5TIrY-nr6HX9n5y8lg

A single tunable capacitor, a transformer, and two SPDT switches to select between taps on a transformer are all that is required. You can build it yourself fairly easily.

David McGuire

I put in the air-variable capacitor at least 250 pF maximum capacitance into the search bar at a local electronics store, and it came up with nothing.  So, I guess I'll need to collect the shopping list from eBay.  Other ideas?

Bill Craft

David
https://www.dxengineering.com/search/brand/mfj/department/antenna-tuners/product-line/mfj-901b-antenna-tuners/part-type/antenna-tuners?fr=part-type&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending&autoview=SKU
this will do it, but if you want swr meter https://www.dxengineering.com/search/brand/mfj/department/antenna-tuners/product-line/mfj-945e-mobile-tuners/part-type/antenna-tuners?fr=part-type&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending&autoview=SKU
unless you really want the experience of building yourself. you can find all the parts on ebay- or you could even find a used tuner on ebay or other ham equipment resellers.
If you can wait until our tailgate (dec 4th) you could probably find a good used tuner at a fraction of the price of a new one.

David McGuire

Bill,

I can wait, easily.  I have a friend arriving from Florida.  I’m *certain* she’ll want to go to a hamfest.  She was a 1N2 in the Air Force, and specialized in copying CW.

When/where on the 4th?  Advance tickets?

Thank you.

David

Sent from Mail for Windows

this will do it, but if you want swr meter https://www.dxengineering.com/search/brand/mfj/department/antenna-tuners/product-line/mfj-945e-mobile-tuners/part-type/antenna-tuners?fr=part-type&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending&autoview=SKU
unless you really want the experience of building yourself. you can find all the parts on ebay- or you could even find a used tuner on ebay or other ham equipment resellers.
If you can wait until our tailgate (dec 4th) you could probably find a good used tuner at a fraction of the price of a new one.

David McGuire

Thank you!

Andrà tutto bene!

this will do it, but if you want swr meter https://www.dxengineering.com/search/brand/mfj/department/antenna-tuners/product-line/mfj-945e-mobile-tuners/part-type/antenna-tuners?fr=part-type&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending&autoview=SKU
unless you really want the experience of building yourself. you can find all the parts on ebay- or you could even find a used tuner on ebay or other ham equipment resellers.
If you can wait until our tailgate (dec 4th) you could probably find a good used tuner at a fraction of the price of a new one.

Joe Bruno

Has anyone responded to you yet?  If you don't know I hardly ever, if ever check my email.

But if need be you can text if you like.   I like tons of others do not answer phone calls from uknown numbers so texting me is the way to get in touch with me...

Joe Bruno
210-363-9500
W5AUQ