From: Charlie <n9ru@...>
To: W5SC@...
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2007 3:43:26 PM
Subject: [W5SC] Re: SARC Meeting February 11th--Skywarn 2007 Overview

You stated that the meeting was Feb. 11th.
This must be incorrect.

Charlie, N9RU

--- In W5SC@yahoogroups. com, "davidftx" <davidftx@.. .> wrote:

The regular February San Antonio Radio Club meeting will be held
Thursday, February 11th, 7:30PM at KCOMM, 10815 Gulfdale. Our guest
will be Larry Eblen, Warning Coordination Meteorologist
<mailto:larry. eblen@... > for the National Weather Service at the
Austin/San Antonio Office. Mr. Eblen is a big supporter of amateur
radio and its involvement with the National Weather Service. He
will
give an overview of the Skywarn Program for 2007.

Skywarn is a partnership between the National Weather Service (NWS)
and
the community, designed to help reduce the threat from severe
weather.

The key element of this partnership is a network of volunteer non-
NWS
personnel ("storm spotters") who relay reports of severe weather to
the
NWS. Even with today's new technology at our disposal, only one
instrument can detect severe weather phenomena directly with
absolute
certainty, the human eye. A large network of spotters can be a
great
benefit to the NWS warning program.

Please join us on the 11th for this most interesting presentation.