Topics

moderated Remote Meeting - beause of Covid-19

Bill Craft

Hey y'all- you know we can't have our regular meeting at Blanco BBQ. So we have to be creative, many of us already are doing this for work, Church, etc. Rosendo has set up an account with one of the leading remote conferencing companies. ZOOM.

We tried a test today with a few people and it went well, however a few people could not get on for a verity of reasons.
1. You need a internet  connection
2. You need a device that has a camera & microphone.
3. You need to add some software to your device (ZOOM)
4. You need to know how to use it.
So a Laptop with camera & inbuilt microphone, iPad, iPhone, android phone, desktop with webcam & microphone - are all capable of being used.

I am sharing a link to a YouTube video on how to join a conference call. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9isp3qPeQ0E
Please watch it before we try again.

Rosendo will be scheduling a test for this Friday morning at 10 am
.
I will post a notice with user ID & Password when Rosendo has the meeting setup.

Hope to see y'all Friday at 10am

Cray / K5MUG

Thanks, Bill.  I’ll try to lock down Friday morning and check in.

The last STXDXCC monthly club meeting was held via Skype and went very well, especially with a few of us first timers not being familiar with it.  Haven’t done “online” video chats since the mid-nineties.  Whole ‘nuther ballgame!

Interestingly enough, today I found out I have two medical follow-up appointments coming up that I will attend via online / Tele visits.  One is with my Oncologist and the other with my PCP, each is through a different vendor.  Be nice to see how another two flavors compare with Skype and Zoom.  Of course, different needs but basic activities should somewhat share  similar root if you will.

Again, thanks Bill and Rosendo,

Cray / K5MUG