Topics

Please Consider Helping This Tuesday Cleaning up The Club Trailer

davidftx <davidftx@...>

The club trailer, located behind KCOMM, has been hit again by taggers.
The side that faces US281 is covered with graffiti and we will have a
clean up party this Tuesday starting at 3:30 PM. If you are off of work
at that time your help would be greatly appreciated. The weather will
be great. If a few of us are available we can get the thing cleaned up
in about an hour and a half. Please let me know if you can assist.
Email me at davidftx@... <mailto:davidftx@...> . Thanks,
David K5OLE

Charles Land

David,

I'll come help. I'll see what I have in paint removers and
other materials. I'll bring a can of Pam - don't know if that is a creative
idea or a brain fart - but probably worth trying. I just don't know how
long it will last.

_____

From: davidftx
Date: 02/18/07 22:08:06
To: W5SC@yahoogroups. com
Subject: [W5SC] Please Consider Helping This Tuesday Cleaning up The Club
Trailer

The club trailer, located behind KCOMM, has been hit again by taggers.
The side that faces US281 is covered with graffiti and we will have a
clean up party this Tuesday starting at 3:30 PM. If you are off of work
at that time your help would be greatly appreciated. The weather will
be great. If a few of us are available we can get the thing cleaned up
in about an hour and a half. Please let me know if you can assist.
Email me at davidftx@swbell. net <mailto:davidftx@swbell. net> . Thanks,
David K5OLE

davidftx@...

No its a good idea and worth trying. I did it last time and the only thing that worked was Mineral Spirits. I will bring some plus rags and rubber gloves.

Thanks for helping!

From: davidftx
Date: 02/18/07 22:08:06
To: W5SC@yahoogroups. com
Trailer

The club trailer, located behind KCOMM, has been hit again by taggers.
The side that faces US281 is covered with graffiti and we will have a
clean up party this Tuesday starting at 3:30 PM. If you are off of work
at that time your help would be greatly appreciated. The weather will
be great. If a few of us are available we can get the thing cleaned up
in about an hour and a half. Please let me know if you can assist.
Email me at davidftx@swbell. net <mailto:davidftx@ swbell. net> . Thanks,
David K5OLE

Shane O'Neal NS5D <shane@...>

I think Charlie's idea was as a preventative measure, to keep paint from sticking to the trailer.

It might work, but it might also attract critters. You might want to consider something Teflon based instead?

From: davidftx
Date: 02/18/07 22:08:06
To: W5SC@yahoogroups. com
Trailer

The club trailer, located behind KCOMM, has been hit again by taggers.
The side that faces US281 is covered with graffiti and we will have a
clean up party this Tuesday starting at 3:30 PM. If you are off of work
at that time your help would be greatly appreciated. The weather will
be great. If a few of us are available we can get the thing cleaned up
in about an hour and a half. Please let me know if you can assist.
Email me at davidftx@swbell. net <mailto:davidftx@ swbell. net> . Thanks,
David K5OLE

davidftx@...

That's right. We were talking about two different steps in the same conversation.

Now I could go downstairs and ask my own Rachael Ray, but I'll ask here-What's in PAM? I don't know. Is is lard in a spray can or what?

What would we use that contains teflon? Something like a telflon lubricant in a spray can or is there something that paints on?

Your insight is appreciated.

David

From: davidftx
Date: 02/18/07 22:08:06
To: W5SC@yahoogroups. com
Trailer

The club trailer, located behind KCOMM, has been hit again by taggers.
The side that faces US281 is covered with graffiti and we will have a
clean up party this Tuesday starting at 3:30 PM. If you are off of work
at that time your help would be greatly appreciated. The weather will
be great. If a few of us are available we can get the thing cleaned up
in about an hour and a half. Please let me know if you can assist.
Email me at davidftx@swbell. net <mailto:davidftx@ swbell. net> . Thanks,
David K5OLE

Charles Land

WD 40 might be cheaper - don't know how well it would work. There are
Teflon sprays - but pretty expensive. I'll bring the Pam - we can vote on
site. The brand name of what I have is Vegalene - contents label says it is
"inorganic compounds". Zeros under the fat and other usual categories.
I'll be off email fo rhte afternoon - meeting a friend at Hooters for a late
lunch.

_____

From: davidftx
Date: 02/18/07 22:08:06
To: W5SC@yahoogroups. com
Trailer

The club trailer, located behind KCOMM, has been hit again by taggers.
The side that faces US281 is covered with graffiti and we will have a
clean up party this Tuesday starting at 3:30 PM. If you are off of work
at that time your help would be greatly appreciated. The weather will
be great. If a few of us are available we can get the thing cleaned up
in about an hour and a half. Please let me know if you can assist.
Email me at davidftx@swbell. net <mailto:davidftx@ swbell. net> . Thanks,
David K5OLE

Floyd Gordon

I don't know how much good I can do but I will be there

From: davidftx
Date: 02/18/07 22:08:06
To: W5SC@yahoogroups. com
Trailer

The club trailer, located behind KCOMM, has been hit again by taggers.
The side that faces US281 is covered with graffiti and we will have a
clean up party this Tuesday starting at 3:30 PM. If you are off of work
at that time your help would be greatly appreciated. The weather will
be great. If a few of us are available we can get the thing cleaned up
in about an hour and a half. Please let me know if you can assist.
Email me at davidftx@swbell. net <mailto:davidftx@ swbell. net> . Thanks,
David K5OLE

It's here! Your new message!

davidftx@...

Rachael (whose real name is Priscilla) caught me sneaking the PAM out of the pantry and demanded to know what I was up to. When I told her it was for a radio party this afternoon she became very concerned. Very concerned. I explained the whole thing to her and she made me conduct an experiment. She sprayed PAM on part of a painted tin and then rinsed it lightly to simulate rain. Then dried it on low with hair dryer to 1. dry it of course, and 2. subject it to mild heat. I used Tri-Flow on another part of the tin. Tri-Flow is the only Teflon based lubricant in the garage. Both the PAM and Tri-Flow remained on the tin, with PAM appearing to be a little more resistant to the light rinsing. I took them out to the garage and spray painted the tin to see what effect each of them has. The tin is drying now.

Rachael offers the following observations:
PAM is vegetable oil mixed with magic so it will stick. She believes it will attract critters.
It is very expensive to do a side of a trailer with PAM. When I suggested Wesson Oil on a mop, she took my car keys away from me. She says Wesson Oil will just run and create a big mess.
She thinks, if the Teflon/paint test works, that Teflon is a better choice. She has no clue how much Teflon lubricant costs and I didn't tell her.
She wishes us all the best of luck but, as with all radio activities, she refuses to get involved beyond providing a little adult supervision.

From: davidftx
Date: 02/18/07 22:08:06
To: W5SC@yahoogroups. com
Trailer

The club trailer, located behind KCOMM, has been hit again by taggers.
The side that faces US281 is covered with graffiti and we will have a
clean up party this Tuesday starting at 3:30 PM. If you are off of work
at that time your help would be greatly appreciated. The weather will
be great. If a few of us are available we can get the thing cleaned up
in about an hour and a half. Please let me know if you can assist.
Email me at davidftx@swbell. net <mailto:davidftx@ swbell. net> . Thanks,
David K5OLE

Shane O'Neal NS5D <shane@...>

Resending, as I used the wrong From: address the first time.

Pam is Canola oil, grain alcohol and soy lecithin. These are definitely things that break down and smell bad after a while, and attract bugs.

Dupont Teflon multi-use lubricant should be available from any bike shop (used for bike chains), but it is six bucks a can.

Another possibility might be Armor-All. It contains silicone and is cheaper than Teflon.