Topics

Nominating Committee for 2007 Officers

K5OLE <davidftx@...>

To All SARC Members:

On September 26, 2006 I appointed the following members as the
Nominating Committee for the 2007 election. The Bylaws require that
I do so prior to October 1st.

KC5NKK Charlie Land
K5UCQ Mike Check
N5RXS J.C. Smith

This committee is required to report back to me by October 25, 2006,
per the Bylaws.

The election then will be held at the November regular meeting, as
specified. Nominations from the floor may be made at this time, in
addition to the Committee's slate.

Discussion at tonight's meeting included comments asserting that the
Nominating Committee's report should have been made at tonight's
meeting and that there was a 30 day "Notification" provision.
Neither issue is valid and neither is part of the Club's
Constitution nor Bylaws. In fact, a provision requiring the
Nominating Committee to report at the October regular meeting would
run contradictory to the provisions giving the committee until
October 25th to do their work.

All of that being clarified, please consider whom among our members
in good standing would and could serve the Club in a leadership
position. Forward any member for consideration to one of three
Committee members. If you would like to serve in a leadership role,
submit your own name to the committee. We need directors as well as
officers to manage the Club's affairs.

Email me if you have questions.

David Freiberger
K5OLE
davidfx@...

Don Jones

Good Day to all!

I'm glad to see someone finally, following the
by-laws, if we use our by-laws and procedure's this
will ensure forward progress of the club, and it will
always prosper.

Mike Check, knows this to well, and one would be wise
to listen to him and others that have been there and
already obtained the T-Shirt.

I've contemplated coming back, and if we are gong to
use the procedure's that our founding fathers of the
Radio Club used than I will reconsider at a greater
degree, as long as the club is willing to become
concrete about its procedures'.

The talent has always been there and their are great
person(s) within the club, but a team concept needs to
be adapted.

No-one body of person(s) should shoulder all the
weight.

Don Jones, N5WSW ACC. ASM. STX.
EX. President of SARC & Director

PS. Hello Steve, and to all, I miss the mutual
interaction and fellowship, and "NO" I don't want any
position. :-) KEEP-UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

--- K5OLE <davidftx@...> wrote:

[...]

http://mail.yahoo.com

davidftx@...

Thanks Don, I know you have been following what we do.

There was a concerted effort by Steve, WA5FRF, which has continued since his presidency, to move the operations of the Club back within the guidelines of the Constitution and the Bylaws. Managing the Club has been cumbersome, at times, because what those articles require and what some people want were not always in agreement. We lost an Officer, a Director, as well as several key appointed positions during this leadership cycle. Other Directors have not been active due to health reasons. This makes it hard to keep things going.

But a few special amateur radio operators, both old salts and new to the Club, stepped up and helped keep things going. What success we have had this year is because these fine hams stepped in when there was a need. Most of them will continue in the broad based leadership that now exists in SARC.

And we have had success this year.
We've partnered with a new, energized, ARES organization and stressed Emergency Communications after our Katrina/Rita experiences.
We've helped a number of new hams get on the air.
The SARC Field Day tradition has been maintained.
The Swapfest continues to be a successful regional event.
SARC remains the sponsor of the most successful JOTA event in the area.
And we have streamlined the regular meetings so that we spend our time talking about radio rather than the minutia of decision making or lack of decision making.
And as you note, we have moved toward handling SARC business the way the governing documents say we should, not the way any particular individual(s) want it to be run.
So please join us on November 9th when the club will vote for the new Officers for 2007.

David
K5OLE

--- K5OLE <davidftx@swbell. net> wrote:

[...]

davidfx@swbell. net