New SA City Cell Phone Ordinance

J C Smith

All:

Lew Archer sent this message to a number of hams. I wanted to pass it
to all ARES and SARC members.

J C Smith

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Attached is a copy of the new city ordinance covering cell phones and
other devices prohibiting there use in moving vehicles.

As you read through this please note subsection (c), (5). It excludes
Amateur Radio Operators. However, some officers might be over enthusatic
in its application. If you do not carry a copy of your FCC license it
might be a good thing to have in the car. If you are stopped and given
a citation, take your license and go to court to show you are excluded
from the ordinance.

Now, let's see if I can attach the ordinance...

This came out of the Chief's Office directed to all officers. I received
it through my association with the Volunteers in Policing organization.

--
Lew, W0YVY

--
Lew, W0YVY