Topics

May 2017 American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure ride has been cancelled

Lee Besing

The San Antonio to San Marcos to Austin Tour de Cure bike ride scheduled for the month of May, has been cancelled.

I participated in a conference call with National American Diabetes Association officials  earlier this week and this is what I have learned.

All ham operators and other volunteers who had planned to work the TdC event in May will now get a free weekend off.

The National American Diabetes Association has reorganized and restructured their offices across the country in an attempt to lower their financial administrative overhead.

As part of that process, they eliminated all of the ADA employees in the Austin and San Antonio offices, except for 1 or 2 persons.

They (Regional ADA out of Denver) are discussing holding a possible one day event, combined for both Austin and the San Antonio markets, perhaps in the San Marcos area later this fall. No date nor location has been announced as of today.

As I find out more information, I will be sure to pass it on to those interested and post it also at www.SanAntoniohams.Org/blog

If you know of a rider who has already pre-registered for the ride, and has been fundraising for the ride, please tell them that they will need to contact the ADA office to find out the status of their registration and/or fundraising status.

The San Antonio ADA office number is 210-829-1765.

Lee Besing, N5NTG
Former TdC co-chair for Ham & SAG Communications
210-771-7075
San Antonio TX