From: cdlsr@... [W5SC]
Sent: ‎11/‎9/‎2016 10:07 PM
To: W5SC@...
Subject: [W5SC] Mag mount?

Since we have a meeting tomorrow night, I'll throw out a request.  I need a mag mount base to test my MP1DXTR vertical whip atop my Subaru Forester instead of on a portable tripod with radials.

Anyone have one available for me to borrow for a few days for the test?  If you do, I would very much appreciate it if you would bring it to tomorrow's meeting.

Thanks,

Cray Lester / K5MUG

CrayL

Thanks, Larry.  Long time no see, good to hear from you!   I'll hang loose until the meeting tomorrow, maybe someone attending will bring one.  If not, perhaps we can sync up somewhere.
Take care,
Cray / K5MUG

On Wednesday, November 9, 2016 10:40 PM, "Larry Lentz Larry@... [W5SC]" wrote:

I do, but not planning on being at the meeting tomorrow.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Since we have a meeting tomorrow night, I'll throw out a request.  I need a mag mount base to test my MP1DXTR vertical whip atop my Subaru Forester instead of on a portable tripod with radials.

Anyone have one available for me to borrow for a few days for the test?  If you do, I would very much appreciate it if you would bring it to tomorrow's meeting.

Thanks,

Cray Lester / K5MUG

J C Smith

What kind of connector between the antenna and the magnet?

J C

On 11/9/2016 10:07 PM, cdlsr@... [W5SC] wrote:

Since we have a meeting tomorrow night, I'll throw out a request.  I need a mag mount base to test my MP1DXTR vertical whip atop my Subaru Forester instead of on a portable tripod with radials.

Anyone have one available for me to borrow for a few days for the test?  If you do, I would very much appreciate it if you would bring it to tomorrow's meeting.

Thanks,

Cray Lester / K5MUG

Lee Besing

At last, a real question!  Lol

UHF or NMO ?

Lee Besing, N5NTG
210-771-7075
San Antonio, TX

What kind of connector between the antenna and the magnet?

J C

On 11/9/2016 10:07 PM, cdlsr@... [W5SC] wrote:

Since we have a meeting tomorrow night, I'll throw out a request.  I need a mag mount base to test my MP1DXTR vertical whip atop my Subaru Forester instead of on a portable tripod with radials.

Anyone have one available for me to borrow for a few days for the test?  If you do, I would very much appreciate it if you would bring it to tomorrow's meeting.

Thanks,

Cray Lester / K5MUG

CrayL

JC, it has a standard 3/8-24 threaded connection on the whip/coil assembly. The OEM clamp base for it has a one inch long 3/8-24 hex nut antenna connector to SO239 coax connector assembly.
Cray / K5MUG

On Wednesday, November 9, 2016 11:51 PM, "Smith n5rxs@... [W5SC]" wrote:

What kind of connector between the antenna and the magnet?
J C

On 11/9/2016 10:07 PM, cdlsr@... [W5SC] wrote:

Since we have a meeting tomorrow night, I'll throw out a request.  I need a mag mount base to test my MP1DXTR vertical whip atop my Subaru Forester instead of on a portable tripod with radials.

Anyone have one available for me to borrow for a few days for the test?  If you do, I would very much appreciate it if you would bring it to tomorrow's meeting.

Thanks,

Cray Lester / K5MUG

CrayL

Lee, it's UHF.