From: CrayL
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:43 AM
Subject: [W5SC] K8RA P2 Iambic Paddle.

I'm looking at picking up one of these and would like to get hands on time. I'm curious as to the difference in the feel of the spring and the magnetic options. I'm leaning towards the magnetic option, just guessing it would be smoother on the gap adjustment and more consistent.

I have a Bencher BY1 and basically like it but the spring arm retention doesn't perform reliably and occasionally shifts position requiring complete re-adjustment. And is very frustrating!

Anyone have a P2 (or know someone who does) I could try out (either option)?

Thanks,

Cray/KF5MUG

Lee Besing

I've got one of the P1 models available from an estate sale, still packed in its original foam. :-)

Might have some other keys in the various boxes as well.

Lee Besing
210-771-7075 ( voice/text)

Hopefully, someone can give good advice on paddles. When first licensed in the 70's, I used a straight key as a novice. I never liked of felt comfortable with CW, so I stick to voice and digital these days.

J C Smith.

I'm looking at picking up one of these and would like to get hands on time. I'm curious as to the difference in the feel of the spring and the magnetic options. I'm leaning towards the magnetic option, just guessing it would be smoother on the gap adjustment and more consistent.

I have a Bencher BY1 and basically like it but the spring arm retention doesn't perform reliably and occasionally shifts position requiring complete re-adjustment. And is very frustrating!

Anyone have a P2 (or know someone who does) I could try out (either option)?

Thanks,

Cray/KF5MUG

CrayL

Thanks JC and Lee.  I looked at the P1 and it's pretty nice it's only available with spring tension.  I am also looking at a 'touch' keyer now as well.  I can get the K8RA P2 with both options for $10 more so may do that. I can get a 'touch' keyer for a little bit less so I may decide to go that route first and just sell it if it doesn't work out for me.  Decisions Decisions ... Thanks again.

Cray

CrayL

I now have both the cwtouch touch and the K8RA P2 iambic paddle keyer (magnetic and spring options).  Both are really nice; if anyone would like to try out either, let me know and I will bring them to the meeting Thursday.

Cray /K5MUG