"Too many projects, not enough time."

From: Rich Arland [mailto:k7sz@live.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:14 AM
To: Andy Howard; Bill Rankin; bobkb3vs@aol.com; boyd schilling; Cal Neff;
Cam Hartford; Chris Fowler; Dar Piatt; Dean Johnston; Debbie Stanfield; Dino
Papas; Doug Hendricks; Doug Rubenstein; Frank Henrikson; Fran Slavinski;
Gary Harmon; Gwen Stanfieldc; Howie Weinstine; Jerel Duboff; Jim Fitton; Jim
Larsen; Joe Lynch; John Tomsak; Kevin Stanfield; Kielan Stanfield; Mark
Wilson; Marv Feldman; Mike Zane; Mitch Gill; N2CX; Patricia Arland; Paul
Stroud; Paul; Philip Neidlinger; Ralph Fellows; Rich; Roger Kropf; Roy
Lewallen; Steve Ford; Tom at Hayseed Hamfest Co.; Vic Klein;
wlmccrory@roadrunner.com; worksntv@aol.com
Subject: You GOTTA see this video!!!

Hal N4GG presented this to the North Fulton Amateur Radio League last
evening. This is a replica of a 1910 rotary spark-gap transmitter AND IT
WORKS!!!!!

The video is a little over an hour long, and is a great presentation,
however if you want to just watch the transmitter in action go to about 1 hr
5 mins and watch from there. This project took Hal over 2500 hours to
complete. It weighs in excess of 70 pounds! It is a beautiful piece of
antique radio gear and when you hear it for the first time and see that
"Blue Lightening" flashing across the spark-gap you'll be seeing "REAL
RADIO" in action.

Have fun!!

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6327659

VY 73 es GUD DX!

Rich Arland, K7SZ
Bent Dipole Ranch
Dacula, GA

Cogito Ergo CQ! (I Think Therefore I Ham!)
(With apologies to Rene Descartes, 1596 to 1650)

_____

Get started.
<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:
WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_3>