From: ARRL Members Only Web site [mailto:memberlist@www.arrl.org]
Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2015 11:54 PM
To: gharmon@idworld.net
Subject: West Gulf Division HB 939 Success

HB 939 (the standby generator bill) Passed The Texas House of Representatives

By A Vote of 139-2

All of your efforts to call or fax your State Representative have paid off. Thank you.

Now HB 939 goes to the Senate, where it should be assigned by the Lt.
Governor to the Senate Business & Commerce Committee.

After a hearing in front of the Senate Business & Commerce Committee, HB 939 should be sent to the Floor of the Senate for a vote on passage.

Sen. Larry Taylor, Senate District 11, has graciously consented to be our Senate Sponsor.

We will keep you up to date and at the appropriate time, will request that you contact your Senators.

Go to

pic.twitter.com/h5tpx7Pdk0 to see the House Vote Tally Board.

The only Nay votes against HB 939 were Rep. David Simpson, District 7 and Rep. Jonathan Stickland, District 92.

73

David Woolweaver, K5RAV, Director
John Robert Stratton, N5AUS, Vice-Director West Gulf Division ARRL National Association of Amateur Radio