Topics

ARRL Map Display by Zip Code

davidftx <davidftx@...>

KK5LO is Walter Hock and he is a friend of mine who lives out in the
country near Hondo so he won't bother anyone. He lives a fairly
Neanderthal existence and does not keep up much with what is going on
in the modern world. That's why I was surprised when he sent me a
link to an ARRL page where you can type in a zip code and get a map
display of every licensed amateur radio operator who lives in that zip
code. I didn't even know the Internet reached out to the hill he
lives on

Anyway, this is a very informative link and I thought it might come in
handy for some of you.

http://www.arrl.org/fcc/hamszip.html

Paul Guido

David,

Wow! That is cool.

Paul, N5IUT

On 1/24/07, davidftx <davidftx@...> wrote:

KK5LO is Walter Hock and he is a friend of mine who lives out in the
country near Hondo so he won't bother anyone. He lives a fairly
Neanderthal existence and does not keep up much with what is going on
in the modern world. That's why I was surprised when he sent me a
link to an ARRL page where you can type in a zip code and get a map
display of every licensed amateur radio operator who lives in that zip
code. I didn't even know the Internet reached out to the hill he
lives on

Anyway, this is a very informative link and I thought it might come in
handy for some of you.

http://www.arrl.org/fcc/hamszip.html

Yahoo! Groups Links

Lee Besing

Yup, for a while now, I've had a similar lookup at www.SanAntonioHams.org
web site on the bottom of the left column on the front page. I had found
it on N4MC's web site. It is across from the articles about the General
Class being formed at that church near Quarry Market.

I've got today's local gas prices, Ham Locater by Zip, Create your own
Callsign Certificate, Re-print your own ticket (from FCC database, can't
fill in the blanks), and an easy way to locate any APRS station.

On the right side, I've got today's local current weather conditions, and
QRZ's call sign lookup.

Of course, there is much, much more to explore if you have the time. :)

At 06:15 PM 1/24/2007, you wrote:

KK5LO is Walter Hock and he is a friend of mine who lives out in the
country near Hondo so he won't bother anyone. He lives a fairly
Neanderthal existence and does not keep up much with what is going on
in the modern world. That's why I was surprised when he sent me a
link to an ARRL page where you can type in a zip code and get a map
display of every licensed amateur radio operator who lives in that zip
code. I didn't even know the Internet reached out to the hill he
lives on

Anyway, this is a very informative link and I thought it might come in
handy for some of you.

<http://www.arrl.org/fcc/hamszip.html>http://www.arrl.org/fcc/hamszip.html

73 de N5NTG Lee W. Besing San Antonio, Texas
(210)771-7075 mobile