Topics

ARRL Manual/145.39 Still Down/Emerg Exercise next Tue & Wed/JOTA

K5OLE <davidftx@...>

I referred to the ARRL Public Service Communications Maunal in an
earlier post. It is located online here:
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/pscm/index.html
<http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/pscm/index.html> .

The SARC 145.39 Repeater is still down; apparently the finals are gone.
KCOMM is looking at it and will give us an estimate. The First Thursday
Net scheduled for tonight is cancelled. We will advise as soon as the
the Repeater is back up.

The AACOG/NMDS exercise is next Tuesday and Wednesday, October 10th and
11th. Volunteers ARES operators are still needed for either day. To
become an ARES member you only need a Technician license and an interest
in emergency communications. If you are already an ARES member, contact
Teri Thomas to volunteer. If you want to be an ARES member, contact me
and I'll get you signed up. See my post from yesterday for additional
details.

The Boy Scout Jamboree On the Air (JOTA) is Saturday, October 21st. We
will need operators. Please email me if you are available for all day
or 1/2 day.

David Freiberger

K5OLE k5ole@... <mailto:k5ole@...>