Topics

Annual San Antonio QRP QRP Breakfast

Monty N5ESE <n5ese@...>

In memory of our dear friend Fred Bonavita, K5QLF (SK),
who so enjoyed this breakfast, we'll again enjoy our
annual QRP Breakfast & Show-and-Tell before the San
Antonio Swapfest opens.

Please join me and bring your homebrew (or other) QRP
stuff for "show-and-tell" at 7 AM at:

Taqueria Guanajuato in the community of Mingus Corner,
near the intersection of FM 2536 and Loop 1604. The place
opens at 6 AM, and breakfast will start around 7 (+/-).
Mingus Corner is about 1 mile south of the swap site,
and the taqueria is on the left (if your southbound).

The swap again will be at Little Joe's Country Gold,
which is on FM 2536. Set up starts at 7 AM for those
who purchased tables, and the doors open at 8 AM.

Here's a map for those who get lost every year (like I do):

http://www.io.com/~n5fc/swapfest_in_san_antonio.gif

Below, is Fred's narrative description of how to get to the taqueria (it's
easy to miss in the dark), from last year's invitation message.

Please let me have a head count (for the QRP breakfast), if you plan to
attend, just mainly so I can post potential participation and stake out a
table or two when I get there.

For those coming from the north on I-35 or US 281 or from
the east on I-10, get on I-35 south toward Laredo. Take
Loop 410 west from I-35 South. Take the second exit from
I-35 onto FM 2536, go left under the overpass and go 1.6
miles. Little Joe's is on the right, and the taqueria is about 1 mile
south, on the left.

For those coming from the south on I-37 or I-35, turn west
at Loop 1604, follow it to FM 2536, turn right and look for
the taqueria on the right. Those coming from the west, take
Loop 1604 to the south, turn left at FM 2536 and watch for
the taqueria.

73,
monty N5ESE

Good advice from Mom: "Play Nice!"
;-)

Monty Northrup, N5ESE (ex-N5FC)
Austin, Texas
e-mail: n5ese@...
web page (ham): http://www.dit-dididit-dit.com
web page (home): http://www.io.com/~maddog

______ _
_/ &#92;_/ &#92;
/&#92;/ _ &#92;_ &#92;
|/ /_) &#92;/ ZZZz
|| _ | /
|&#92; /_) / | /
&#92; &#92;_ |_ | /
&#92; &#92;_ __ &#92;
&#92;_/ &#92;_ (__) |
/ &#92; &#92;_______/

Paul Guido

Monty,

I know that speak for many South Texas hams that Fred's passion and
enthusiasm for Amateur Radio and QRP will be missed on Saturday. I will try
to stop by for a quick taco before going to work at the Swapfest door.

Here is a link to the Swapfest 2007 information http://w5sc.org/swapfest.htm

Here is a google map of the Swapfest location
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=7511+Old+Pearsall+Road,+San+Antonio,+TX&ie=UTF8&z=14&ll=29.323822,-98.644781&spn=0.043328,0.097504&t=h&om=1&iwloc=A

Look forward to seeing you there.

73

Paul Guido, N5IUT