Topics

Amateur Radio / ARRL Ad

Mike Check K5UCQ

I was listening to WOAI radio in the car while driving earlier tonight.
There was about a one minute
plug for amateur radio and the ARRL. It was concerning emergency
communications and amateur
radio in general. Good spot, I wasn't expecting it, that's for sure!

73.
Mike
K5UCQ

Don Jones

Mike:

Possibly, someone finally, got busy within the Club
(W5SC), and gave Ham-Radio a boast. Hopefully, it was
W5SC; if not at least it was a plus for Amateur Radio.

Have a great Day!

Don, N5WSW
A STUDENT OF LIFE!

----------nor proof read----------

--- Mike Check <@K5UCQ> wrote:

I was listening to WOAI radio in the car while
driving earlier tonight.
There was about a one minute
plug for amateur radio and the ARRL. It was
concerning emergency
communications and amateur
radio in general. Good spot, I wasn't expecting it,
that's for sure!

73.
Mike
K5UCQ

http://mail.yahoo.com

Charles Land

I did a call in on Wednesday on their FEMA topic and there was a short but
very positive discussion about ham radio. Maybe that sewed a few seeds.

_____

--- Mike Check <@K5UCQ <mailto:k5ucq%40arrl.net> > wrote:

I was listening to WOAI radio in the car while
driving earlier tonight.
There was about a one minute
plug for amateur radio and the ARRL. It was
concerning emergency
communications and amateur
radio in general. Good spot, I wasn't expecting it,
that's for sure!

73.
Mike
K5UCQ

Paul Guido

The ARRL has a web site to with the ad.

http://www.hello-radio.org/

N5IUT, Paul Guido

On 6/18/06, Mike Check <@K5UCQ> wrote:
I was listening to WOAI radio in the car while driving earlier tonight.
There was about a one minute
plug for amateur radio and the ARRL. It was concerning emergency
communications and amateur
radio in general. Good spot, I wasn't expecting it, that's for sure!

73.
Mike
K5UCQ

Yahoo! Groups Links

Don Jones

Ray:

I gave out several Cd's that had the Public Service
announcement to several clubs in the hill country and
in San Antonio, as well as giving out links on the web
over VHF CTTN Net. Don't really care how just glad it
happened.

73's & God Bless

Don, N5WSW
A STUDENT OF LIFE!

PS. Great work guy's!!!

--- "E. Ray Taylor" <n5nav@...> wrote:

That's been going on for some time. I thought it was
some of the league's
doing when Jim stepped down as President, Joel
Harrison came on board as the
new President he started a lot of adds everywhere.
However I would like to
know if one of the clubs had something to do with
WOAI, I'll put in a good
word for them.

Marry Christmas.

Ray N5NAV

--- Mike Check <@K5UCQ> wrote:

I was listening to WOAI radio in the car while
driving earlier tonight.
There was about a one minute
plug for amateur radio and the ARRL. It was
concerning emergency
communications and amateur
radio in general. Good spot, I wasn't expecting
it,
that's for sure!

73.
Mike