locked Hams & New house ideas

Bill Craft

I got an inquiry about a ham planning for a new house and ways to get antenna wires, etc inside. He considered the window feed through panel, but is there something else he could use?
Any suggestions about new construction planning for ham radio.

radiooreilly

Bill,
how about 2" white PVC pipes and using grey PVC sweeps at the turns (or grey all the way).

that was I used at my house in Universal City to get from the roof into the radio room wall outlet boxes.

Richard Elder WB5ACN

On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 09:11:52 AM CDT, Bill Craft <billc851@...> wrote:

I got an inquiry about a ham planning for a new house and ways to get antenna wires, etc inside. He considered the window feed through panel, but is there something else he could use?
Any suggestions about new construction planning for ham radio.

Walt Laubach

I ran my coax through a gable vent (with drip cap PVC) in the attic. Then drilled holes through the top plate of the walls to my office, feed the coax to a box in the wall.

I got an inquiry about a ham planning for a new house and ways to get antenna wires, etc inside. He considered the window feed through panel, but is there something else he could use?
Any suggestions about new construction planning for ham radio.

Hilton N. Jeanne

Bill,

When we built this house I put two cutouts in my office to get outside (for antennas).  I also had them put three inch flex tubing (two of them) through the walls into the attic and also one going out of the attic (at the peak) so that no wires would be showing hanging down the side of the house.  One goes to where the stairs go into the attic and the other goes outside.

Hope this helps.

Hilton / N3JFF