locked Field Day question.

Gerry Bower

sorry had an error and email did not send

Thank you all for responding.

The field day I was talking about is the Jan 29th "winter field day".

I am excited to get my shack in a box complete (90%) and have not tested it in the field but it is working using my dipole at the house and on battery.
(Attached pic)

I was planning on going to Marian for the winter field day but they are not a club and I wanted to get the club credit 😀

Let me know what y'all think.

Appreciate all the responses I got.

73

KI5RRH.

Cray / K5MUG

Gerry, I'll try this one more time - my fingers went bonkers and prematurely did an incomplete Send.

Are you referring to Winter Field Day coming up this month on Jan 29/30, or the Summer Field day in June?  Makes a huge difference!

Cray / K5MUG

8/2022 8:23 AM Gerry Bower via groups.io <gerrybower@...> wrote:

Is the SA club participating in Field Day. I have plans to be out with a bunch of friends playing radio and if we are organizing a field day and the club has a call sign for the event. I could use it to get credit for our club. ( I have not done a field day before so do not know if this is even allowed. Anyway if it is and we have a call sign. I will be out doing a portable activation in Marian in my new Shack in a box. 😀

Cray / K5MUG

Gerry:  A

On 01/18/2022 8:23 AM Gerry Bower via groups.io <gerrybower@...> wrote:

Is the SA club participating in Field Day. I have plans to be out with a bunch of friends playing radio and if we are organizing a field day and the club has a call sign for the event. I could use it to get credit for our club. ( I have not done a field day before so do not know if this is even allowed. Anyway if it is and we have a call sign. I will be out doing a portable activation in Marian in my new Shack in a box. 😀

Harold Fleischer

For 2020 and 2021, ARRL had special rules where a club could operate from multiple locations and get some sort of credit. I have not looked to see if ARRL has released amy FD 2023 rules yet as it is somewhat early.

Most definitely a "Shack in a box" is most welcome at the main site. More than one clud member has such an arrangement that they can take to Field Day, JOTA, or anywhere else.

Harold
AE5AS

Harold C. Fleischer, III
haroldcf@...
210-497-2532

On Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 04:23:16 PM CST, Bill Craft <billc851@...> wrote:

Yes, we plan on doing FD in 2022. I know there are some provisions to do what you want (operating remotely under club callsign) especially for covid- but I don't know the mechanics of it. Rosendo or Harold may know how to do it. We have time to get an answer from them.

Bill Craft