Topics

6 Meters

anthony planas

Hi fellow hams
I would like to know if the 6 meter band is am or fm locally. I am
coonsidering obtaing 6m equipment. I understand it has been a good band
recently
Thanks, 73
Tony; KE5BFF

Lee Besing

The radio nets listed at www.sanantoniohams.org say there is a 6m net
on FM, if that's any help.
6 Meter Local Radio Nets
http://www.sanantoniohams.org/nets/index.htm
Monday @ 8:00pm 52.525 mHz FM - Voice Marty, KB5MJC Southwest Texas 6
Meter Net.

Net control recommends using vertical polarization, although some
operators have been known to flip over to horizontal while on the
net. (Does that mean they are laying down?) There is no particular
ham club affiliation or sponsor, just a bunch of radio operators who
enjoy talking on 6 meters.

At 11:03 AM 8/25/2008, Tony wrote:

Hi fellow hams
I would like to know if the 6 meter band is am or fm locally. I am
coonsidering obtaing 6m equipment. I understand it has been a good band
recently
Thanks, 73
Tony; KE5BFF
___________________________________
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Lee W. Besing San Antonio, TX
(210)771-7075 voice
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

L. Upton <k1stx@...>

As Lee stated, the 6 meter repeaters and nets in the area are all FM.  There is some activity occasionally on the SSB side, but you could listen for days and not here anything!

From my understanding, which is often wrong, most SSB work is weak signal DX, around 50.100 to 50.300!

Houston has a couple of very active 6meter repeaters, and I believe one is Echolink capable.

Hope this helps!

Louis - K1STX

Hill Country REACT
Chaparral ARC / Guadalupe County ARES
Hill Country State Natural Area Partners
OOIDA