Hamfest

J C Smith

Linden controls the web page. Linden can you get these on the web page?

J C Smith

On 1/14/2014 9:59 PM, Forrest Plumstead wrote:
Jim I have created the album, but I have tried 5 times to upload to it, but they are not showing up. Ideas?

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 5:55 PM, J Ermis <gj_md_00@...> wrote:
Could you put them in the photo section of the yahoogroup? Some people do not do social media/ID theft.

James
AD5TC

On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:43 PM, Forrest Plumstead <fplum1@...> wrote:
I took a few pictures of some of the equipment. You can view them here:

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Tom OBrien <tpobrienjr@...> wrote:
Paul, thanks for all the pix!
-----Original Message-----
From: RadioTeacher
Sent: Jan 12, 2014 6:02 PM
To: "W5SC@..." , n5aus@...
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Hamfest

What a great show! Definitely the event lived up to its name. Fiesta!
What a party!

I had a great time showing some new hams there first Amateur Radio event.
One of the hams was 11 years old, Christian KF5YFW. Kinda neat call
since many of us knew K5YFW Walt DuBose now SK. Christian bought an old
IBM Thinkbook laptop (without HD) with a power supply for $40. I gave him
(and installed) a hard drive in it. He is going to load Chromimum or Linux
on it.

Christian's father, Shawn, K5SBT had a great time as well.

I took over 45 photos that everyone can view or download from dropbox. See
the link below.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4wdb8vuwqwklymw/fCLrz3V3OC

Bob Rodriguez was really surprised to receive the well deserved award from
the ARRL. JC, your a sneaky guy. See the photo below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pzdgi1b7bdp9lq/DSC_0226%20-%20Edit.JPG

Please use the photos as you wish with credit to N5IUT.

73 de N5IUT
Sincerely,
Tom O'Brien
San Antonio, Texas

--
73
WB5HQO Forrest

NAQCC Member # 3678 FPQRP # 2642
SKCC Member # 6855 QRPadillo # 59

--
73
WB5HQO Forrest
Ham Radio WB5HQO
Webmaster forBUSH RIVER QUAKER CEMETERY

NAQCC Member # 3678 FPQRP # 2642
SKCC Member # 6855 QRPadillo # 59

Forrest Plumstead

[...]

Paul Guido

What a great show!  Definitely the event lived up to its name.  Fiesta!  What a party!

I had a great time showing some new hams there first Amateur Radio event.  One of the hams was 11 years old, Christian KF5YFW.  Kinda neat call since many of us knew K5YFW Walt DuBose now SK.  Christian bought an old IBM Thinkbook laptop (without HD) with a power supply for $40.  I gave him (and installed) a hard drive in it.  He is going to load Chromimum or Linux on it.

Christian's father, Shawn, K5SBT had a great time as well.

I took over 45 photos that everyone can view or download from dropbox.  See the link below.

Bob Rodriguez was really surprised to receive the well deserved award from the ARRL.  JC, your a sneaky guy.  See the photo below.

Please use the photos as you wish with credit to N5IUT.

73 de N5IUT

Jesse Lamphere

All,

I want to thank everyone who was involved in making this year's Radio Fiesta so successful. I really wish I could have been there, but Uncle Sam had other plans. I'm thrilled (but not surprised) to hear that it was such a success! Again, my heartfelt thanks go out to everyone who contributed to making this event the success it is known for throughout the region.

73,
Jesse Lamphere   AC2DE
(ex KC2RSN, DA6RSN)
On 1/11/2014 8:59 PM, J C Smith wrote:

Rowena Archer did most of the work.  I understand we had over 600 register.  I think that is the best so far.

J XC

On 1/11/2014 1:54 PM, Gary H. Harmon, Jr. wrote:

Looked like a good turnout today.  Lots of old and new stuff (not just the people but the equipment).

It was good to see a lot of old friends that I never see but for the Hamfests.

Thanks to all that made it happen.

73,

Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK

210.657.1549h / 210.884.6926c/t

"Retirement means every day is a Saturday except Sunday"

http://www.grissomroadcoc.org

Don <caneyvalleyboy@...>

Thanks Gary no problem if he is legally certified. Been in class with Forest Roberts back at 7AM Sunday. He seems truthful and reasonable but says lot of it is over his level as far as details decisions. Says new hires are very sharp. Wefilled his ears about Bellamy.

Sent from my LG phone

"Gary H. Harmon, Jr." <gharmon@idworld.net> wrote:

[...]

Pat Knight AD5BR

We also had a great test session at the Schertz Library.
New licenses:
9 Tech, 1 General, 1 Extra.
Upgrades:
5 General, 4 Extra.

Thanks to all the VEs!

73,
Pat  AD5BR

On Jan 11, 2014, at 1:54 PM, "Gary H. Harmon, Jr." <gharmon@...> wrote:

Looked like a good turnout today.  Lots of old and new stuff (not just the people but the equipment).

It was good to see a lot of old friends that I never see but for the Hamfests.

Thanks to all that made it happen.

73,

Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK

210.657.1549h / 210.884.6926c/t

"Retirement means every day is a Saturday except Sunday"

http://www.grissomroadcoc.org

Gary Harmon