Bye bye, 70cm?

Lew Archer <usxpop@...>

Go to the ARRL web site.  They have an article on this and the FCC rule.  We would hope there never is a conflict, but Fed Gov, Hams, and other prior users have priority over this Throbot thingy.  Check the web site.

--- On Tue, 4/19/11, Tom O'Brien <tpobrienjr@earthlink.net> wrote:

From: Tom O'Brien <tpobrienjr@earthlink.net>
Subject: [W5SC] Bye bye, 70cm?
To: "W5SC" <W5SC@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 19, 2011, 8:46 PM

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/04/military-surveillance-robot-unleashed-for-public-safety-use.ars

This is about the Throwbot surveillance device, which has been approved by FCC order. Its operating bands overlap the Amateur 70cm band.

I wonder what will happen when hams, doing emergency service, and this gadget (used by some first responders) start to interfere with each other. It would be good to have some protocols in place, I think.

Sincerely,
Tom O'Brien
San Antonio, Texas

Tom O'Brien