Tech class for Seniors

Paul Guido

Tom,

Let me know what you need when you need it and I will help out. I can bring
a HF rig for a demo.

Paul
On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Tom O'Brien <tpobrienjr@earthlink.net>
wrote:

The proposed "Technician License Class for Seniors" has been approved! It
is scheduled for Tuesdays at 1 PM at the Northeast ISD's Community Education
Center on Tesoro Drive in San Antonio. This is part of NEISD's "Academy of
Learning In Retirement", for students 50 and older.

I am planning to run the class for about 11 weeks, with VE testing at the
last class meeting.
Class starts sometime in August; I will have an exact date soon.

The class will be Internet-based and nearly paperless, with PowerPoint
class notes and drills available on the Web, and weekly self-tests on the
Web during class.

At various (TBD) points in the class, I would like to have some local hams
come in for a few minutes to do equipment demonstrations. When I know
exactly when we need you, I'll issue a call for specific help (repeater
demo, for example).

Sincerely,
Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien