Ham Help Needed Sunday, January 21st - Public Service Event

Lee Besing

One Time Message - Public Service Event Opportunity

Charlie Land, KC5NKK just informed me via email that we still could use about 3-4 more hams for the River Road Run on Sunday (January 21st). Location is up north of New Braunfels. This is a 12 mile run, 6 miles out and back, with 3 break points, start/finish line, plus the lead and chase "turtle" vehicle. We usually get a free t-shirt out of the deal, plus they are having a free party afterward.

Starting point is at Camp Hueco Springs on River Road. We need to be in place no later than 7:30am. Race scheduled to start at 8am and race officials expect to have only about 100 runners due to weather constraints (rainy, cool temps) so the event shouldn't take very long. I would expect it to be over by 11am at the latest.

http://www.sanantoniohams.org/calendar/index.htm#01212007RiverRoad

Course Map at this link http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=82962

Should be okay for mobile radio or HT radio using the 147.14 repeater

If interested in helping, call me direct using my cell # below. Leave message if I can't answer right away and I will call you back ASAP.

73 de N5NTG Lee W. Besing San Antonio, Texas
(210)771-7075 mobile