Topics

Reminder of SwapFest Coordinating and Education Committee Meeting this Thursday

davidftx <davidftx@...>

This is a reminder for the SwapFest Coordinating Meeting which will be
held Thursday, December 7, 2006 at 7:00pm in Wesley Hall room 806, at
Coker United
Methodist Church. Coker is located at 231 E. North Loop Road, near US
281
and Nakoma. Please note that room 806 is on the second floor, just down
from where we have had the Board meetings. J.C. Smith will cover all
responsibilities and assignments for the SwapFest and determine what
assets are needed for the January event. All members with SwapFest
responsibilities are requested to attend. Any any and all members who
wish to volunteer for assignments for the event are asked to attend.

There will also be an Education Committee Meeting in conjunction with
the Swapfest Meeting. Paul Guido will discuss Education plans for 2007.
Anyone interested in SARC licensing efforts for next year are invited to
attend.

All 2006 Board members are asked to attend this meeting in the event
there are issues that require the Board's attention. If anyone has any
matter that requires Board action before the end of the year, please
notify Charlie Land or myself.

--------------

Other items of note:

I need someone to volunteer to call the 1st Thurday Net this Thursday
because of the above meeting. Please email me if you can do it.
davidftx@swbell.net <mailto:davidftx@swbell.net> It normally takes
about 20 minutes or less.

The Austin/San Antonio NWS QSL card for Skywarn Recognition Day, which
was last Saturday, was uploaded to the "Photos" section of this Group.
A couple of our most handsome members are featured on it.

Dues Due: SARC dues for 2007 are due now and are discounted at $12/year
from the normal $15/year, if you pay before the end of SwapFest. Just
use the application at http://www.w5sc.org/Docs/SARCApplication2006.pdf
<http://www.w5sc.org/Docs/SARCApplication2006.pdf> and mail a check to
the SARC PO Box. Or pay at the discount at the December 14th meeting.

December Meeting: The regular December SARC meeting will be on
Thursday, December 14th at KCOMM at 7:30PM. There will be a
presentation on IRLP. Get info on IRLP here-http://www.irlp.net/
<http://www.irlp.net/> If you use Google Earth, see this cool IRLP
overlay-http://www.irlp.net/setup-irlp.kml
<http://www.irlp.net/setup-irlp.kml> Anyone who needs a ride to this