Date   

Re: Tech Talk Suggestions

David Espinoza - W5QS
 

wonderful.... 
 
I'll let Bob know...
 
Dave

David - w5qs
San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
RACES District 32-029E
Bexar County ALT CLO
Texas Division of Emergency Management

--- On Wed, 7/6/11, J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:


From: J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 11:47 AM


 



Yes, I will have a memory stick with a power point presentation.

J C
----- Original Message -----
From: David Espinoza - W5QS
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 8:10 AM
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions

Hey JC

Are you up to doing a Tech Talk at the next SARC meeting? If so, I will have Bob Rod bring in his computer, projector and screen.

David - w5qs
San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
RACES District 32-029E
Bexar County ALT CLO
Texas Division of Emergency Management

--- On Mon, 5/30/11, n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:

From: n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Cc: "David Espinoza - W5QS" <w5qs@att.net>
Date: Monday, May 30, 2011, 7:25 PM

It should be good. I'll check the schedule when I get home later this week.

J C

---- David Espinoza - W5QS <w5qs@att.net> wrote:
What does your schedule look like for July?

David - w5qs

San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing

RACES District 32-029E

Bexar County ALT CLO

Texas Division of Emergency Management

--- On Sun, 5/29/11, n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:

From: n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Cc: "David Espinoza - W5QS" <w5qs@att.net>
Date: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 5:48 PM




























Yes, we need a projector.



I'm out of town the day of the June meeting. What month would you like to have this program.



J C Smith



---- David Espinoza - W5QS <w5qs@att.net> wrote:

Sounds good,,, lets do a traffic handling talk,,,,, Its been a while since I handled traffic...
do we need a projector and screen? I believe Bob has such things....
David - w5qs
San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
RACES District 32-029E
Bexar County ALT CLO
Texas Division of Emergency Management
--- On Sat, 5/28/11, J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:
From: J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 10:49 PM
David:
I have a copy of Jo Ann's power point on traffic handling. I also have some handouts.
J C Smith
----- Original Message -----
From: David Espinoza - W5QS
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:51 PM
Subject: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
Hi all,,,, I'm looking for tech talk ideas,,,,, Bob Rod has talked on a couple different subjects and brought some pretty neat builds to the meetings,,,
Who's next to present,,, ?
Dave - W5Qs
David - w5qs
San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
RACES District 32-029E
Bexar County ALT CLO
Texas Division of Emergency Management
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


























[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]










[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: Tech Talk Suggestions

J C Smith
 

Yes, I will have a memory stick with a power point presentation.

J C

----- Original Message -----
From: David Espinoza - W5QS
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 8:10 AM
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions



Hey JC

Are you up to doing a Tech Talk at the next SARC meeting? If so, I will have Bob Rod bring in his computer, projector and screen.

David - w5qs
San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
RACES District 32-029E
Bexar County ALT CLO
Texas Division of Emergency Management

--- On Mon, 5/30/11, n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:

From: n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Cc: "David Espinoza - W5QS" <w5qs@att.net>
Date: Monday, May 30, 2011, 7:25 PM



It should be good. I'll check the schedule when I get home later this week.

J C

---- David Espinoza - W5QS <w5qs@att.net> wrote:
> What does your schedule look like for July?
>
> David - w5qs
>
> San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
>
> RACES District 32-029E
>
> Bexar County ALT CLO
>
> Texas Division of Emergency Management
>
> --- On Sun, 5/29/11, n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:
>
> From: n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
> Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
> To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
> Cc: "David Espinoza - W5QS" <w5qs@att.net>
> Date: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 5:48 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Yes, we need a projector.
>
>
>
> I'm out of town the day of the June meeting. What month would you like to have this program.
>
>
>
> J C Smith
>
>
>
> ---- David Espinoza - W5QS <w5qs@att.net> wrote:
>
> > Sounds good,,, lets do a traffic handling talk,,,,, Its been a while since I handled traffic...
>
> >
>
> > do we need a projector and screen? I believe Bob has such things....
>
> >
>
> > David - w5qs
>
> >
>
> > San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
>
> >
>
> > RACES District 32-029E
>
> >
>
> > Bexar County ALT CLO
>
> >
>
> > Texas Division of Emergency Management
>
> >
>
> > --- On Sat, 5/28/11, J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >
>
> > From: J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
>
> > Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
>
> > To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
>
> > Date: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 10:49 PM
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > David:
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > I have a copy of Jo Ann's power point on traffic handling. I also have some handouts.
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > J C Smith
>
> >
>
> > ----- Original Message -----
>
> >
>
> > From: David Espinoza - W5QS
>
> >
>
> > To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
>
> >
>
> > Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:51 PM
>
> >
>
> > Subject: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Hi all,,,, I'm looking for tech talk ideas,,,,, Bob Rod has talked on a couple different subjects and brought some pretty neat builds to the meetings,,,
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Who's next to present,,, ?
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Dave - W5Qs
>
> >
>
> > David - w5qs
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > RACES District 32-029E
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Bexar County ALT CLO
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Texas Division of Emergency Management
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: Tech Talk Suggestions

David Espinoza - W5QS
 

Hey JC
 
Are you up to doing a Tech Talk at the next SARC meeting?  If so, I will have Bob Rod bring in his computer, projector and screen.

David - w5qs
San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
RACES District 32-029E
Bexar County ALT CLO
Texas Division of Emergency Management

--- On Mon, 5/30/11, n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:


From: n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Cc: "David Espinoza - W5QS" <w5qs@att.net>
Date: Monday, May 30, 2011, 7:25 PM


 




It should be good. I'll check the schedule when I get home later this week.

J C

---- David Espinoza - W5QS <w5qs@att.net> wrote:
What does your schedule look like for July?

David - w5qs

San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing

RACES District 32-029E

Bexar County ALT CLO

Texas Division of Emergency Management

--- On Sun, 5/29/11, n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:

From: n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Cc: "David Espinoza - W5QS" <w5qs@att.net>
Date: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 5:48 PM
















 











Yes, we need a projector.



I'm out of town the day of the June meeting. What month would you like to have this program.



J C Smith



---- David Espinoza - W5QS <w5qs@att.net> wrote:

Sounds good,,, lets do a traffic handling talk,,,,, Its been a while since I handled traffic... 
do we need a projector and screen?   I believe Bob has such things.... 
David - w5qs
San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
RACES District 32-029E
Bexar County ALT CLO
Texas Division of Emergency Management
--- On Sat, 5/28/11, J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:
From: J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 10:49 PM
 
David:
I have a copy of Jo Ann's power point on traffic handling. I also have some handouts.
J C Smith
----- Original Message -----
From: David Espinoza - W5QS
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:51 PM
Subject: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
Hi all,,,, I'm looking for tech talk ideas,,,,, Bob Rod has talked on a couple different subjects and brought some pretty neat builds to the meetings,,,
Who's next to present,,, ?
Dave - W5Qs
David - w5qs
San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
RACES District 32-029E
Bexar County ALT CLO
Texas Division of Emergency Management
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


























[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Get a power-line Ethernet

Mike Check K5UCQ
 

I am curious if anyone has experienced any interference from thes
things? What is it like?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20076875-58/get-a-power-line-ethernet-kit-for-$75-shipped/?tag=nl.e796


FW: Needy Ham

Gary Harmon
 

Here is info on a local HAM needing some assistance. If you are able to
assist with his missing equipment or technical help, please contact him
directly.



73,



Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK

6003 Archwood

San Antonio, TX 78239-1504

210.657.1549h / 210.884.6926c



"TOO many projects, NOT enough time!"





From: Forrest Plumstead [mailto:fplum1@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 6:32 PM
To: gharmon@idworld.net
Subject: Needy Ham



Hi Garry!



I am yet another needy ham. I have a Drake TR-4 and a Heathkit HW-8 which
was gifted to me by Members of the Chesapeake Amateur Radio Service (CARS
W4CAR) and Virginia Beach Amateur Radio Club (VBARC). .The Drake needs a lot
of work. More about that in a moment. The HW-8 needs a little work but
mostly getting the ant up and keeping it up. I am using a homebrew 40 M
dipole using thin gauge wire for the QRP. For the Drake I have a homebrew
G5RV which is made for QRO. When I get the Drake up and running I plan on
putting this ant up for it. The only piece of equipment I really need is an
Antenna Tuner, PWR/SWR Meter and dummy load which can handle 300 W PEP
Similar to a MFJ (I was given a matched set of NOS finals and driver).



Now back to the Drake. What I need desperately is somebody in the San
Antonio area who has a troubleshooting bench I can use and who can look over
my shoulder and make sure I keep my pinkies out of the HV line. Problems
that I have include a sticky Loading cap., Dirty contacts on the USB/LSB and
the Band Switches, minor repairs there. No Modulation and lack of RX
sensitivity on some bands (80m comes to mind), and to tune up the new finals
which is what I need a test bench for. When I get all of this worked out,
this equipment is going to have to last me for the rest of my life.



Up until recently I was working 50-60 hr/wk, but at low pay. The above
mentioned organizations in VA realized my plight. I was gifted the HW-8 as a
T&R project. I was loaned an Icom transceiver and MFJ tuner. I was given the
parts for the G5RV and one of the members came over and help me build it and
get it into the air. Two years ago I had to return to my home of San
Antonio, TX. Before I left one of the members of CARS had a Drake in his
possession which he had tried to sell for a member of VBARC which did not
sell. He talked to the owner who gifted the Drake to me. As I said I was
working overtime until, Feb of this year, when I went into the hospital for
Congestive Heart Failure, followed by a toe amputation, followed by 2
procedures one on each leg for vascular blockage, all due to diabetic
complications. I was not allowed to work at all for 4 months. I am working
now but only 2 days a week. I am waiting to hear from Social Security.



I know you are probably getting flooded with similar e-mails but like the
others I really could use the help. Please feel free to pass my e-mail
address to anybody who can help. (They could get it off the list anyway.)


--
TNX and 73
WB5HQO Forrest
Ham Radio WB5HQO http://forrest.3h.com/main.html
Plumstead and Associated Families:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum/
<http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/%7Efplum/>

NAQCC Member # 3678 FPQRP # 2642
SKCC Member # 6855 QRPadillo # 59


Revised Field Day Equipment List

Tom O'Brien
 

The Field Day equipment list has been revised based on what club members said at the last club meeting.

You can see a PDF of the list at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/W5SC/files/Field%20Day%202011/


Field Day

Forrest Plumstead
 

Just got informed today that my replacement is going to bail on me for
Saturday So I will not be able to make it to Field Day :-(

--
73
WB5HQO Forrest
Ham Radio WB5HQO http://forrest.3h.com/main.html
Plumstead and Associated Families:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum/

NAQCC Member # 3678 FPQRP # 2642
SKCC Member # 6855 QRPadillo # 59


Revised Field Day equipment list

Tom O'Brien
 

I've added some things to the equipment list - fire extinguisher, digital station, other.

Please be prepared to volunteer your equipmet for Field Day. We'll go over this list at tonight's SARC meeting.


New file uploaded to W5SC

W5SC@...
 

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that
a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the W5SC
group.

File : /Field Day 2011/W5SC Field Day Equipment List.pdf
Uploaded by : tpobrien_99 <tpobrienjr@earthlink.net>
Description : W5SC Field Day 2011 Equipment List (updated)

You can access this file at the URL:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/W5SC/files/Field%20Day%202011/W5SC%20Field%20Day%20Equipment%20List.pdf

To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/members/web/index.html
Regards,

tpobrien_99 <tpobrienjr@earthlink.net>


Fw: Re: Equipment List for Field Day 2011

Tom O'Brien
 

J C,
Thanks for the input. I'll add it to the table.
-----Forwarded Message-----
From: J C Smith
Sent: Jun 5, 2011 10:46 PM
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Cc: Lew Archer W0YVY , "Bob Rodriguez, K5AUW"
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Equipment List for Field Day 2011





Tom:

I'm scheduled to be out of town Thursday evening.

I believe Lew has the TS 940. I think the ground rods and coax is in the trailer.

Also, I believe we have two push-up poles and two hf vertical antennas.

J C Smith

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2011 8:48 PM
Subject: [W5SC] Equipment List for Field Day 2011

I've posted an equipment list for the W5SC 2011 Field Day operation at Shavano Park.

Please review the equipment list and be prepared to help fill in the blanks (who has it, who will bring it, etc.), at the Thursday club meeting.

If you do not plan to attend the Thursday meeting, please email me (tpobrienjr@earthlink.net) and tell me what you have (or will bring) for the Field Day operation.

If you know of some item that should be added, let me know. Please note that there is NO FOOD OR DRINK on the equipment list - that is being handled separately.






Sincerely,
Tom O'Brien
San Antonio, Texas


Re: Equipment List for Field Day 2011

J C Smith
 

Tom:

I'm scheduled to be out of town Thursday evening.

I believe Lew has the TS 940. I think the ground rods and coax is in the trailer.

Also, I believe we have two push-up poles and two hf vertical antennas.

J C Smith

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2011 8:48 PM
Subject: [W5SC] Equipment List for Field Day 2011



I've posted an equipment list for the W5SC 2011 Field Day operation at Shavano Park.

Please review the equipment list and be prepared to help fill in the blanks (who has it, who will bring it, etc.), at the Thursday club meeting.

If you do not plan to attend the Thursday meeting, please email me (tpobrienjr@earthlink.net) and tell me what you have (or will bring) for the Field Day operation.

If you know of some item that should be added, let me know. Please note that there is NO FOOD OR DRINK on the equipment list - that is being handled separately.


Equipment List for Field Day 2011

Tom O'Brien
 

I've posted an equipment list for the W5SC 2011 Field Day operation at Shavano Park.

Please review the equipment list and be prepared to help fill in the blanks (who has it, who will bring it, etc.), at the Thursday club meeting.

If you do not plan to attend the Thursday meeting, please email me (tpobrienjr@earthlink.net) and tell me what you have (or will bring) for the Field Day operation.

If you know of some item that should be added, let me know. Please note that there is NO FOOD OR DRINK on the equipment list - that is being handled separately.


Re: Tour de Cure - Last minute Vacancies Help!

Lew Archer <usxpop@...>
 

OK, so I'll be there. Give me exact location and time for RS#2 and the freq. 147.00 - 103.5 ?? And where is the Net Control point on Sunday and time to show up?

--- On Fri, 6/3/11, Lee Besing <lee@besing.com> wrote:


From: Lee Besing <lee@besing.com>
Subject: [W5SC] Tour de Cure - Last minute Vacancies Help!
To: hchams@yahoogroups.com, gvarc@yahoogroups.com, bexarcountyares@yahoogroups.com, hillcountryreact@yahoogroups.com, w5sc@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, June 3, 2011, 5:50 PM


 



Vacancies - medical emergency
Rest Stop 4, Day 1
Rest Stop 2, Day 2

Charles Manley canceled, wife Barbara had her back give out, heading to hospital for surgery. Not available either day.

Need ham help to cover. Might have Day 1 RS4 covered by reassigning a ham where doubled up, checking now.

Also, got an extra Dodge mini-van w/ bike rack for picking up riders between rest stops. prefer a 2 day assignment, but can take 2 - 1 day assignments. Needs to be at Retama Park by 6am in morning for briefing (by Bob Baker) & supplies.

Call or text me direct.

Lee Besing N5NTG
(210)771-7075 (cell) voice or text msg
Lee@besing.com

Sent from my Sprint EVO phone

Kd5mml <kd5mml@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks. Have a great weekend.



On Jun 3, 2011, at 9:59 AM, Darlene Schmidt <ds24@txstate.edu> wrote:

David:

I have T-shirts for Cure workers and will send them along with Max K5FDC after our watch on Saturday. I will be in Buda at the Cracker Barrel this afternoon at 1:00 for lunch if anyone is near and wants to come and get them.

Darlene WD5DAR

On 6/2/11 9:54 AM, Kd5mml wrote:


Thanks to all that volunteered all rest stops are filled. We could use backups if you would like to help. If there are any questions email me at kd5mml@gmail.com or call 512-754-4941

73

David,KD5MML






[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: Tour de Cure - Last minute Vacancies Help!

Lew Archer <usxpop@...>
 

OK, so I'll be there.  Give me exact location and time for RS#2 and the freq.  147.00 -  103.5 ??  And where is the Net Control point on Sunday and time to show up?

--- On Fri, 6/3/11, Lee Besing <lee@besing.com> wrote:


From: Lee Besing <lee@besing.com>
Subject: [W5SC] Tour de Cure - Last minute Vacancies Help!
To: hchams@yahoogroups.com, gvarc@yahoogroups.com, bexarcountyares@yahoogroups.com, hillcountryreact@yahoogroups.com, w5sc@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, June 3, 2011, 5:50 PM


 



Vacancies - medical emergency
Rest Stop 4, Day 1
Rest Stop 2, Day 2

Charles Manley canceled, wife Barbara had her back give out, heading to hospital for surgery. Not available either day.

Need ham help to cover. Might have Day 1 RS4 covered by reassigning a ham where doubled up, checking now.

Also, got an extra Dodge mini-van w/ bike rack for picking up riders between rest stops. prefer a 2 day assignment, but can take 2 - 1 day assignments. Needs to be at Retama Park by 6am in morning for briefing (by Bob Baker) & supplies.

Call or text me direct.

Lee Besing N5NTG
(210)771-7075 (cell) voice or text msg
Lee@besing.com

Sent from my Sprint EVO phone

Kd5mml <kd5mml@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks. Have a great weekend.



On Jun 3, 2011, at 9:59 AM, Darlene Schmidt <ds24@txstate.edu> wrote:

David:

I have T-shirts for Cure workers and will send them along with Max K5FDC after our watch on Saturday. I will be in Buda at the Cracker Barrel this afternoon at 1:00 for lunch if anyone is near and wants to come and get them.

Darlene WD5DAR

On 6/2/11 9:54 AM, Kd5mml wrote:


Thanks to all that volunteered all rest stops are filled. We could use backups if you would like to help. If there are any questions email me at kd5mml@gmail.com or call 512-754-4941

73

David,KD5MML


Tour de Cure - Last minute Vacancies Help!

Lee Besing
 

Vacancies - medical emergency
Rest Stop 4, Day 1
Rest Stop 2, Day 2

Charles Manley canceled, wife Barbara had her back give out, heading to hospital for surgery. Not available either day.

Need ham help to cover. Might have Day 1 RS4 covered by reassigning a ham where doubled up, checking now.

Also, got an extra Dodge mini-van w/ bike rack for picking up riders between rest stops. prefer a 2 day assignment, but can take 2 - 1 day assignments. Needs to be at Retama Park by 6am in morning for briefing (by Bob Baker) & supplies.

Call or text me direct.

Lee Besing N5NTG
(210)771-7075 (cell) voice or text msg
Lee@besing.com

Sent from my Sprint EVO phone

Kd5mml <kd5mml@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks. Have a great weekend.



On Jun 3, 2011, at 9:59 AM, Darlene Schmidt <ds24@txstate.edu> wrote:

David:

I have T-shirts for Cure workers and will send them along with Max K5FDC after our watch on Saturday. I will be in Buda at the Cracker Barrel this afternoon at 1:00 for lunch if anyone is near and wants to come and get them.

Darlene WD5DAR

On 6/2/11 9:54 AM, Kd5mml wrote:


Thanks to all that volunteered all rest stops are filled. We could use backups if you would like to help. If there are any questions email me at kd5mml@gmail.com or call 512-754-4941

73

David,KD5MML


Antennas and Wind

Mike Check K5UCQ
 

Well, I had a casualty today! I came home from work and noticed that my
Cushcraft R-5 vertical was leaning oddly at the base.
I went up on the roof to see what was up, and got to the antenna just in
time for a good gust to bend it over!
Anyone else lose anything? Or does anyone know of an R-5 that is good for
parts around this area? I am in need
of the counterpoise box as it appears badly damaged.

73 and batten down the hatches!

Mike Check
K5UCQ


Re: Tech Talk Suggestions

J C Smith
 

It should be good. I'll check the schedule when I get home later this week.

J C

---- David Espinoza - W5QS <w5qs@att.net> wrote:

What does your schedule look like for July?

David - w5qs

San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing

RACES District 32-029E

Bexar County ALT CLO

Texas Division of Emergency Management

--- On Sun, 5/29/11, n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:

From: n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Cc: "David Espinoza - W5QS" <w5qs@att.net>
Date: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 5:48 PM
















 











Yes, we need a projector.



I'm out of town the day of the June meeting. What month would you like to have this program.



J C Smith



---- David Espinoza - W5QS <w5qs@att.net> wrote:

Sounds good,,, lets do a traffic handling talk,,,,, Its been a while since I handled traffic... 
do we need a projector and screen?   I believe Bob has such things.... 
David - w5qs
San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
RACES District 32-029E
Bexar County ALT CLO
Texas Division of Emergency Management
--- On Sat, 5/28/11, J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:
From: J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 10:49 PM
 
David:
I have a copy of Jo Ann's power point on traffic handling. I also have some handouts.
J C Smith
----- Original Message -----
From: David Espinoza - W5QS
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:51 PM
Subject: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
Hi all,,,, I'm looking for tech talk ideas,,,,, Bob Rod has talked on a couple different subjects and brought some pretty neat builds to the meetings,,,
Who's next to present,,, ?
Dave - W5Qs
David - w5qs
San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
RACES District 32-029E
Bexar County ALT CLO
Texas Division of Emergency Management


























[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: Tech Talk Suggestions

David Espinoza - W5QS
 

What does your schedule look like for July?

David - w5qs

San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing

RACES District 32-029E

Bexar County ALT CLO

Texas Division of Emergency Management

--- On Sun, 5/29/11, n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:

From: n5rxs@satx.rr.com <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Cc: "David Espinoza - W5QS" <w5qs@att.net>
Date: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 5:48 PM
















 











Yes, we need a projector.



I'm out of town the day of the June meeting. What month would you like to have this program.



J C Smith



---- David Espinoza - W5QS <w5qs@att.net> wrote:

Sounds good,,, lets do a traffic handling talk,,,,, Its been a while since I handled traffic... 
do we need a projector and screen?   I believe Bob has such things.... 
David - w5qs
San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
RACES District 32-029E
Bexar County ALT CLO
Texas Division of Emergency Management
--- On Sat, 5/28/11, J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:
From: J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 10:49 PM
 
David:
I have a copy of Jo Ann's power point on traffic handling. I also have some handouts.
J C Smith
----- Original Message -----
From: David Espinoza - W5QS
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:51 PM
Subject: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
Hi all,,,, I'm looking for tech talk ideas,,,,, Bob Rod has talked on a couple different subjects and brought some pretty neat builds to the meetings,,,
Who's next to present,,, ?
Dave - W5Qs
David - w5qs
San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing
RACES District 32-029E
Bexar County ALT CLO
Texas Division of Emergency Management
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: Tech Talk Suggestions

J C Smith
 

Yes, we need a projector.

I'm out of town the day of the June meeting. What month would you like to have this program.

J C Smith

---- David Espinoza - W5QS <w5qs@att.net> wrote:

Sounds good,,, lets do a traffic handling talk,,,,, Its been a while since I handled traffic... 

do we need a projector and screen?   I believe Bob has such things.... 

David - w5qs

San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing

RACES District 32-029E

Bexar County ALT CLO

Texas Division of Emergency Management

--- On Sat, 5/28/11, J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:

From: J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 10:49 PM
















 









David:



I have a copy of Jo Ann's power point on traffic handling. I also have some handouts.



J C Smith

----- Original Message -----

From: David Espinoza - W5QS

To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:51 PM

Subject: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions



Hi all,,,, I'm looking for tech talk ideas,,,,, Bob Rod has talked on a couple different subjects and brought some pretty neat builds to the meetings,,,



Who's next to present,,, ?



Dave - W5Qs

David - w5qs



San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing



RACES District 32-029E



Bexar County ALT CLO



Texas Division of Emergency Management







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



























[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: Tech Talk Suggestions

David Espinoza - W5QS
 

Sounds good,,, lets do a traffic handling talk,,,,, Its been a while since I handled traffic... 

do we need a projector and screen?   I believe Bob has such things.... 

David - w5qs

San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing

RACES District 32-029E

Bexar County ALT CLO

Texas Division of Emergency Management

--- On Sat, 5/28/11, J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com> wrote:

From: J C Smith <n5rxs@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 10:49 PM
















 









David:



I have a copy of Jo Ann's power point on traffic handling. I also have some handouts.



J C Smith

----- Original Message -----

From: David Espinoza - W5QS

To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:51 PM

Subject: [W5SC] Tech Talk Suggestions



Hi all,,,, I'm looking for tech talk ideas,,,,, Bob Rod has talked on a couple different subjects and brought some pretty neat builds to the meetings,,,



Who's next to present,,, ?



Dave - W5Qs

David - w5qs



San Antonio Police Department - Volunteers In Policing



RACES District 32-029E



Bexar County ALT CLO



Texas Division of Emergency Management



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1061 - 1080 of 1723