My first "eyeball QSO" as a ham was at Outback Steakhouse on 281 circa 2003. I don't remember much about it except for sitting across the table from Gordon and sharing a lot of laughs with him and several other hams I was meeting for the first time.  He will be truly missed.

John Halstead
KD5ZEW

On Jul 1, 2015, at 8:18 PM, Larry Lentz Larry@... [W5SC] <W5SC@...> wrote:

Oh my goodness. So sorry to hear. Gordon was one of the good guys. May he rest in peace.

de N5LL

Larry Lentz, MCT, MCITP:CRM
Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP x10
Lentz Computer Services
San Antonio, Texas

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: cdlsr@... [W5SC]
Sent: ‎7/‎1/‎2015 2:24 PM
To: W5SC@...
Subject: [W5SC] Gordon Dial, K5SUZ, SK

Information received from Lee Besing, N5NTG:  Gordon Dial, K5SUZ, passed away Saturday, June 25, at 5:30pm. Gordon had recently been in the hospital for complications relating to diabetes, he had been in very bad health for several months.

Visitation for Gordon will be Thursday, July 2nd, from 6 to 8 PM, at the downtown Porter Loring Mortuary, 1101 McCullough Ave.  Funeral Services will be held Friday, July 3rd, at 1:00 PM at the Porter Loring Mortuary Chapel at the same location
He will be buried at Mission Park Cemetery, no graveside services.

An obituary will be posted on the Porter Loring Mortuary web site http://porterloring.tributes.com/funeral_homes/obituaries/ ) as soon as one has been received from the family.  If you need directions or other information, Porter Loring has a representative to answer your questions any time at (210) 227-8221.

Cray Lester / K5MUG