Re: J-38 key to buy or borrow?

Don Jones

Hello Joe,

Do you remember whom you purchased the box from?

Thank you,

Don, N5WSW

n5wsw@... or dj1072@...

On Sunday, June 8, 2014 7:26 PM, "Joe Bruno jlbruno4433@... [W5SC]" wrote:

That sounds about right.
Joe Bruno
W5AUQ
210-363-9500
Sent from a WWII Enigma Machine courtesy of the Truman Estate of Independence Mo.
On Jun 7, 2014 7:44 PM, "n5wsw@... [W5SC]" <W5SC@...> wrote:

You purchased in the years 2010 or 2011, yes?

N5WSW, Don

Sent from Don Jones

On Jun 7, 2014, at 7:28 PM, "Joe Bruno jlbruno4433@... [W5SC]" <W5SC@...> wrote:

In a box of stuff that I purchased a few years ago.

Joe Bruno
W5AUQ
210-363-9500

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 7:16 PM, Don Jones n5wsw@... [W5SC] <W5SC@...> wrote:

Where did you obtain this key?

Don, N5WSW

Donald Lee Jones
122 Saratoga Dr.
San Antonio, Texas 78213-3543
Cell Telephone (210) 374-1776
n5wsw@... or dj1072@...

On Monday, April 7, 2014 6:41 PM, Joe Bruno <jlbruno4433@...> wrote:

I have a J-38 key with original box.  Made by Lionel Corporation.  Has File#13946 - Phila.-43.   Interesting don't you think.  I hate to lose the box but I really would not mind loaning it to you.
The key is not really in the best of shape but will try to bring it to next meeting.
Joe Bruno
W5AUQ
210-363-9500
On Apr 7, 2014 6:24 PM, <cdlsr@...> wrote:

Well, I have put myself into a corner so to speak. I loaned my J-38 key and a code oscillator to a friend who was a Navy radio operator about 60 years ago.  He is having so much pleasure with it that I do not have the heart to tell him I have need for it.
I do not use the oscillator very much but use my J-38 a lot with SKCC and FISTS activities so would like to acquire another at least temporarily.
If you have one that is useable/serviceable you would sell, I am interested.  If you have one you would be willing to loan to me pending purchase of another, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Cray / K5MUG

--
Joe Bruno
W5AUQ

Sent from a WWII enigma machine courtesy of the Truman Estate Independence Missouri.