Re: Hamfest

Forrest Plumstead

Jim I have created the album, but I have tried 5 times to upload to it, but they are not showing up. Ideas?

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 5:55 PM, J Ermis <gj_md_00@...> wrote:

Could you put them in the photo section of the yahoogroup?  Some people do not do social media/ID theft.

James
AD5TC

On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:43 PM, Forrest Plumstead <fplum1@...> wrote:

I took a few pictures of some of the equipment. You can view them here:

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Tom OBrien <tpobrienjr@...> wrote:

Paul, thanks for all the pix!
-----Original Message-----
From: RadioTeacher
Sent: Jan 12, 2014 6:02 PM
To: "W5SC@..." , n5aus@...
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Hamfest

What a great show! Definitely the event lived up to its name. Fiesta!
What a party!

I had a great time showing some new hams there first Amateur Radio event.
One of the hams was 11 years old, Christian KF5YFW. Kinda neat call
since many of us knew K5YFW Walt DuBose now SK. Christian bought an old
IBM Thinkbook laptop (without HD) with a power supply for $40. I gave him
(and installed) a hard drive in it. He is going to load Chromimum or Linux
on it.

Christian's father, Shawn, K5SBT had a great time as well.

I took over 45 photos that everyone can view or download from dropbox. See
the link below.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4wdb8vuwqwklymw/fCLrz3V3OC

Bob Rodriguez was really surprised to receive the well deserved award from
the ARRL. JC, your a sneaky guy. See the photo below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pzdgi1b7bdp9lq/DSC_0226%20-%20Edit.JPG

Please use the photos as you wish with credit to N5IUT.

73 de N5IUT
Sincerely,
Tom O'Brien
San Antonio, Texas