From: W5SC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:W5SC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike
Check
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 9:45 AM
To: W5SC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [W5SC] Re: Proposed ordinance for San Antonio

Aren't they voting on it today?

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Tom O'Brien <tpobrienjr@earthlink.net>wrote:

Louis,

You are right, in that FCC Licensed Ops need to be exempted from this
ordinance.
The San Antonio ordinance on operating in School Zones is 19-254 and it
does not exempt FCC licensed operators.
The Texas Transportation Code section 545-425 *does* exempt FCC licensed
operators, and it specifically pre-empts local ordinances.

We intend to work with the writers of the ordinance to get the right
language in place. ARRL Volunteer Counsel will be working with some local
hams.

SA hams who would like to help with this should contact
AB5XZ@arrl.net<AB5XZ%40arrl.net>

73TomAB5XZ
San Antonio, TX