Re: Advice needed

Lew Archer <usxpop@...>

Check with Bob Rod k5auw, he uses a Buddipole copy.  Seems to work OK.

--- On Mon, 4/26/10, Tom O'Brien <tpobrienjr@earthlink.net> wrote:

From: Tom O'Brien <tpobrienjr@earthlink.net>
Subject: [W5SC] Advice needed
To: "STXDXCC" <STXDXCC@yahoogroups.com>, "W5SC" <W5SC@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: "Mike Bowles" <mikdbow@swbell.net>
Date: Monday, April 26, 2010, 9:32 AM

Tom AB5XZ, David KE5KCW, and (Mike callsign TBD) will be operating portable in northern Colorado in July.
We plan to take a Kenwood TS-450 and lightweight MFJ power supply. What we have not decided on is the antenna. In the past, we have taken a long wire or a 20m dipole. This time, we are looking at the Buddipole product, mainly for its compactness and easy setup.

Can anyone on these list tell us about experience with the Buddipole?

Sincerely,
Tom O'Brien
San Antonio, Texas