Re: ZC4-land

Lee Besing

Better luck next time perhaps?

At 09:52 AM 7/28/2008, david griffith wrote:
Hi All

Came up on the freqs as advertised, but advised to qsy to 14220 as
230 was slow scan tv - but the east coast stations I worked told me
they would spot me there and they did..worked west across all states
and got a K5, but condx were tough, it was interesting to observe
the propogation move west. I also called cq K5 on cw but no takers..
Remained on 14220 until 0001UTC, 0300 local time when exhaustion
crept in, I was hoarse from working the east coast, but I was told I
on the DX cluster all evening as it was updated. Average reports 5/7
all evening both ways!
So, a poor event with little skip I am afraid.
Not to worry, I am back in October I believe, we are on stand-by for
a flt to England in the morning so need to pack the stuff up.
QRT this trip. Sorry.
73s
David/ZC4DG
73 de N5NTG Lee W. Besing San Antonio, Texas
(210)771-7075 mobile