locked Re: Single, tunable capacitor for tuning an wire antenna...

Joe Bruno

Has anyone responded to you yet?  If you don't know I hardly ever, if ever check my email.

But if need be you can text if you like.   I like tons of others do not answer phone calls from uknown numbers so texting me is the way to get in touch with me...

Joe Bruno
210-363-9500
W5AUQ

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 5:26 PM David McGuire <leviticus25_9@...> wrote:
Hello.  I need to ask if there is someone willing to help me build a capacitive tuner for my EFHW antenna.  I have seen some for QRP but a ham on QRZ.com gave me a guide for a 100W version.  But, I do not now how to begin.  I've never been to Altex, but I can go Saturday morning to get the supplies, if there's someone there who can glean a parts list from the article I was sent.

Thank you for considering.  73 de David AE4LH

Here is the article link:

If you are using an end-fed half-wave antenna, which is a convenient antenna for portable operation, the matching unit can be considerably simplified.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw...eXc/view?resourcekey=0-vuul5TIrY-nr6HX9n5y8lg

A single tunable capacitor, a transformer, and two SPDT switches to select between taps on a transformer are all that is required. You can build it yourself fairly easily.