locked Re: Distribution Block...

Ken Nichols

Hi David,

Broaden your search a little wider to the various online ham supply stores. Here’s some links that may give you some ideas to think about.

I have a couple of these strips, the one in front of me is a MFJ-1124 model. However I prefer the Powerwerx and West Moutain Radio products better, for their quality.  Lots to choose from depending on your needs, how many outlets, fusing or not, meters, etc.

I definitely recommend you go with the Anderson Power Pole connectors which have become the standard in Ham Radio.  I recommend staying with the 30A connector pins.

Good luck. 73

Ken Nichols KD3VK
(m)301-717-4571
ken.nichols.kd3vk@...

On Nov 6, 2021, at 1:00 PM, David McGuire <leviticus25_9@...> wrote:

Hello everyone.  My new LiFePO4 battery has arrived.  I am easily able to connect my HF radio to the leads, but I would like to also connect my auto antenna tuner.  So, I need the knowledge base of the club for ideas on how to connect both of them to the battery.

I'll need the gauge of the wire to be large enough for the energy draw, and I do not want to damage the battery.  I had thought that I needed a distribution block, but the sales associate at Altex told me they did not have anything like that for my needs.

The example I used was a power strip at home.  It is plugged into the wall, and then you have six new jacks that can be used for appliances.

I would like the same to happen with my battery.  Two wires connecting to the two terminals on the battery, going into a distribution block that would have places for two devices, the radio, and the antenna tuner.

Am I using the wrong term?  If so, what is the term I should be using?  I found this idea online. It is not right for my use, but it is the idea that I am considering.

Hafele Distribution Block, With 6 Ports, 24V 833.05.797 | CabinetParts.com

Thank you for your help.

vy 73 de David AE4LH