locked Single, tunable capacitor for tuning an wire antenna...

David McGuire

Hello.  I need to ask if there is someone willing to help me build a capacitive tuner for my EFHW antenna.  I have seen some for QRP but a ham on QRZ.com gave me a guide for a 100W version.  But, I do not now how to begin.  I've never been to Altex, but I can go Saturday morning to get the supplies, if there's someone there who can glean a parts list from the article I was sent.

Thank you for considering.  73 de David AE4LH

Here is the article link:

If you are using an end-fed half-wave antenna, which is a convenient antenna for portable operation, the matching unit can be considerably simplified.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw...eXc/view?resourcekey=0-vuul5TIrY-nr6HX9n5y8lg

A single tunable capacitor, a transformer, and two SPDT switches to select between taps on a transformer are all that is required. You can build it yourself fairly easily.