Looks like it not a conventional tower, its a wooden utility pole.

So much for neighbors description.

Anyway Joe Bruno is trying to find some one to take pole down to salvage antenna.

On 8/27/2021 12:14 PM, Gerry Bower wrote:

​Any decision made on the tower?

Gerry D Bower
210-620-3422

From: main@saradioclub.groups.io <main@saradioclub.groups.io> on behalf of Don Jones via groups.io <n5wsw@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2021 3:02 PM
To: main@saradioclub.groups.io
Subject: Re: [W5SC] FREE TOWER-& Antenna in SA

Hello Amateur Radio Operators,

I am thinking about it too, but I wonder what condition it is in?

I used to put them up, take them down and repair them for San Antonio, Texas, Radio Clubs, including MARS.

de W5JX 73

Donald Lee Jones
122 Saratoga Dr.
San Antonio, Texas 78213-3543
Cell Telephone (210) 374-1776

The totality of adults’ experiences provides the lens through which they see the world.

On Thursday, August 26, 2021, 02:57:15 PM CDT, Gerry Bower <gerry.bower@...> wrote:

I should leave my contact
Gerry Bower
210-620-3422 cell

On Aug 26, 2021, at 3:41 PM, Jen Santiago <gunjpan@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

It sounds very tempting but I don't even know what that thing looks like. I will definitely pass the word.

Looking forward to the first meeting....I need help setting up my radio.

Thank you for sending out the email.

Sincerely,
Jen Santiago
KK6BGM

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 2:27 PM Bill Craft <billc851@...> wrote:
My neighbor across the street has  a 50-75 foot tower with a 20 Meter(?) beam on top. It belonged to Ed Schaad W3WDF (SK about 2010).

The new owners would like to have the Tower removed, and they asked me. I said I would contact other hams in the area and see if there's any interest. They don't want any payment.

Would you please give this info to your members and ask them to contact me at gcox.personal@... if they are interested?

73
George Cox AF5LA

Note Area:  Garden Oaks Dr    San Antonio, TX 78266

"Protecting our customers image!" THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL MAY BE SUBJECT TO TLC Total Lawn Care LLC-CLIENT PRIVILEGE OR TLC Total Lawn Care LLC WORK PRODUCT PRIVILEGE OR OTHERWISE CONFIDENTIAL. ANY DISSEMINATION, COPYING OR USE OF THIS E-MAIL BY OR TO ANYONE OTHER THAN THE DESIGNATED AND INTENDED RECIPIENT(S) IS UNAUTHORIZED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE DELETE IT FROM YOUR SYSTEM IMMEDIATELY.