From: Lee Besing <lee@...>
To: Hill Country REACT <HillCountryREACT@...>, Bexar County ARES list <bexarcountyares@...>, W5SC@..., GVARC list <gvarcllc@...>
Sent: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 8:06 PM
Subject: Veterans Day Parade in Universal City on This Saturday, Nov 4th

Hey folks it's that time of year again. The weekend before Veterans Day where we go help the Universal City Police Department with barricades and traffic control, off the road, in preparation for the parade to start.

We will be meeting at the Universal City Police Department inside the city hall on Universal Boulevard at 8:30. Briefing starts at 9. Police department will be supplying us with coffee and donuts. :-).

This year we will have about 20 commercial HT radios to pass out to those who do not have amateur radio capabilities.

We're going to try out a commercial UHF repeater, set up about halfway down the route, to run these handheld radios through, rather than using simplex.

So bring your friends and get some free donuts and coffee from the police department.

Please RSVP myself using my email address, not the group email. That way we make sure we've got plenty of donuts.
Nashville parade will start around 10:30 a.m. and will be done by noon. Often times we gather at a nearby Mexican restaurant on Pat Booker Road to have lunch together, on your own treat.

Thanks.

Lee Besing, N5NTG
210-771-7075
San Antonio TX