Service Event: Tejas Trails Cactus Rose 100

Louis Upton

Community Service Event
Tejas Trails Cactus Rose 100
Hill Country State Natural Area - Bandera, TX
24 - 25 October 2015

The Cactus Rose 100 is a Ultra-Marathon held at the Hill Country State Natural Area in Bandera County Texas.  This is the 9th year for this particular event.  Amateur Radio places a important role in this event by providing the only reliable communications between the Aid Stations and Race Control.  Hill Country REACT has been the coordinating team for this event with cooperation from many of the area clubs and individuals.

We provide regular tracking reports, conditions, Health and Welfare information, and Search and Rescue service and communication as needed.
This is a smaller but longer in duration sister event to the Bandera 100k that occurs in January.

All Amateur Radio Operators and other individuals interested in community service are invited to participate.

Event duration: 36 hours Start 0500 hrs Saturday, End: 1700 hrs Sunday - yes 36 hours straight thru the night.
Meals are provided to volunteers
If you enjoy challenges, testing your skills, camping, and meeting new people, this event is for you.
Even if you cannot participate the entire 36 hours, come out and visit to see what we do and volunteer for the January event.

For more information on this event, please contact me at k5stx10 at gmail dot com.

Thanks,

Louis Upton - K5STX
Tejas Trails Bandera Communications and Safety Coordinator